Sunday, January 12, 2014

Stratosphere

Today I started a new blog to reflect only my experiences with SOLE. I am re-posting some of my blogs from my other site so that they will all be in one place.

Stratosphere by Michael Fullan is an excellent read! Why? This book is written in such a way that it echoes exactly what I am doing in the class and where I plan to go next year with the students. He advocates students learning through research and suggests that giving students a reason to be in school through examining social issues and making efforts to solve them. This will help foster a more caring and concerned citizenship for our future. He points out that the disconnect between students and school will continue to grow unless we find ways to help them connect their learning with their interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment